Reflecting on the Journey

As the end of the course approaches, it's time to reflect on the journey. Looking back, I can see how I prepared for the course, what happened throughout it, and how I am finishing it out. When I was deciding which classes to take for my long-term goal of getting a masters in Business, I was still motivated from completing the previous semester strongly. I decided to take 16 credits and work a part-time job for Amazon. However, by the fourth day, I realized it would be too much, and I dropped two classes. Intro to Entrepreneurship was one class that excited me, and it turned out to be a huge turning point in my life.


During the class, I learned how to evaluate myself deeply, including my core values, strengths, weaknesses, and abilities to reach my goals. I had to get a good understanding of these values and see where they played a role in who I want to become. Evaluating ourselves before moving forward is crucial because we need to be prepared for what lies ahead. We need to know how to identify our fears and overcome them.


In February, my parents' house sold, and I was faced with a decision as to where to live. I chose to move back to Michigan to be near my children. I quit my part-time job and rented a room for $400 per month. I continued with my studies and gained motivation to focus on becoming a boutique photographer. I found a mentor and joined a program, but financial resources were a concern. I committed to a $1300 per month program to grow my business without a sustained financial outlook. I got a full-time job as a sales consultant at a local furniture store, but I wasn't sure how I would balance that with growing my photography business. This experience taught me that without a solid business plan and financial resources in place, my plan had a greater risk of failure. Sometimes, you need to work for someone else before you work for yourself.


Looking back, I can see how the course has helped me evaluate myself deeply and prepare for what lies ahead. I've learned that everything is an opportunity to learn, and I'm excited to see where my journey takes me next.


Comments

Popular Posts