Dream Big Dreams and have tenacity

Throughout this course, I'm noticing a pattern of growth and decision making. This pattern is building upon the bucket list, the dream, overcoming fears, taking action, and acknowledging procrastination. I signed up for a 12-week course with Sarah Petty. She is a business coach and mentor for boutique photographers. Yes, all the lessons throughout this course, inspired to reach for my dreams. So, I did. The course is quite expensive and I panicked internally. 

Sarah knows the challenges and struggles we go through, but had a specific action plan in place. It was all about Tenacity and doing whatever it takes to make the monthly payment. She went through all the different ways to generate money from selling old belongings, to scooping up dog poop for people. I opted to reach out to family and friends first to see what I could do for them, to make my dreams a reality. To my surprise, 2 family members are entrepreneurs and needed photos of food. Then, the next thing I did was post a special for gift certificates, asking for 5 people to sponsor me for $100, and in return I would give them a $300 gift certificate to use in 4-6 weeks, when the program rolls out. By the end of the week, I had raised $1200 cash (already in the bank), and got a part-time job at a flower shop.\

As I think back on this past week, I took action and put myself (and my dreams) out there. Every morning, I was out the door by 8:00, hit the gym for an hour, and studied at the library. One evening I even went to a "Women in Entrepreneurship" conference, networking with other entrepreneurs. Trusting in the program and moving forward brought me to a place of success for the week, and I am quite proud of myself! 

Tenacity is a crucial attribute for any photographer who seeks success in their craft. Being a photographer requires more than just technical skills and artistic vision; it takes an unwavering determination to overcome obstacles and push through the difficulties that inevitably arise. A tenacious photographer is one who doesn't give up easily and who is always looking for new and innovative ways to capture their subjects. This means being able to adapt to different environments, lighting conditions, and weather, and persistently working to find the perfect shot. Ultimately, tenacity is what separates the good photographers from the great ones and is essential for anyone who wants to excel in this field.

Comments

Popular Posts