Becoming a Change-Maker

As a child, I always answered the question of what I wanted to be when I grew up by saying that I wanted to make a positive impact on someone's life. This desire was fueled by a commercial that I saw on TV featuring a boy and a man with a caption that read, "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime." These words left a lasting impression on me, and I longed to inspire others to have the same passion and understanding of life that I had.



Initially, I was content with being given fish, but eventually, I desired to learn how to fish on my own. I wanted to be self-sufficient and not rely on others to do everything for me. Thus, for the past three years, I have been on a journey of self-discovery, learning from my mistakes and challenges, and teaching others along the way. Through this process, I have identified my strengths and weaknesses, built my self-esteem, and become a change-maker in someone else's life who has become very important to me.


By focusing on my "why" - to make a difference in someone else's life - and by continuing to grow spiritually, emotionally, and mentally, I have been able to support and encourage others to push through their own challenges. I have not given them a manual or a college course on how to become a better person, but rather, I have been a source of encouragement, empathy, and support. I cannot do the work for them, but I can inspire them to continue learning and growing on their own.


Applying what I learned this week to my personal life involves identifying my purpose or "why" and considering how I can best serve those around me. By focusing on others and removing my own interests from the equation, I can find greater fulfillment in making a positive impact. In my professional life, I have had to make important decisions about the businesses I work with as I establish my own photography business. By understanding their mission and vision, I can determine whether their values align with my own. As a professional photographer, my ultimate goal is to create beautiful family portraits that can be displayed proudly on walls, rather than being forgotten on a hard drive. This mission helps people to feel more confident and connected to their loved ones by reminding them of the important moments and relationships in their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts