Daily Reflection: Adjusting the Focus to 20/20 Vision

 It is the first week of my second semester at BYU-Idaho. One of the courses I am taking is "Intro to Entrepreneurship".  The description states "In this course you will develop a clear vision of what matters most to you as you being your Introduction to Entrepreneurship. The course will also deliver practical life lessons and some fundamental business tools required to become a successful entrepreneur. This course will help you develop some important mindsets that successful entrepreneurs embrace."

As I was reading the description of the class, I knew almost immediately God knew I needed this class at this exact time...let me explain. I have always had a passion for photography and writing as long as I can remember. In 2008, people I knew saw this talent I had and gave me encouragement to start a photography business. I did just that, I started a business and taught myself along the way. For 12 years, I worked within the community and grew a talent into a successful business called "Simple Beauty Photography". 

There were aspects of the business I didn't develop and felt in order to truly have a sustainable business, I needed to learn how to run a business. In 2020, I stepped back from my business and went back to school. The last 3 years of school, and I am finally at the point to have the capacity to make a decision on my long term career. I don't know if it is photography, or another path....but one thing I do know is this course will develop a clear vision of what matters most to me. 

As I look forward, I can only feel excitement for the fact I have made it this far and the fog will be lifted as I work towards a career path.



Comments

Popular Posts